Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, 10 December 2012

Roses, Pinecones, Poinsettias, and Bows

Hello fellow crafters,
Tonight's card is a rather traditional one, with some of my favourite flora; namely roses, poinsettias, holly, and pinecones. Since I was a child I have always loved pinecones.
I actually made 2 of these cards with a few slight variations to maintain my policy of never making 2 cards the same. This one is for Rosalie and Charles, our wonderful neighbours who have become close friends, and the other one is for our musical and crafting friend, Margaret.
The image is by the long gone stamp company PSX, and is coloured with my Promarkers. I used a Spellbinders Label die to cut it out (I'm not sure of the Label number). The greeting peel-off sticker is holographic.
The poinsettia is vellum, cut from the 2 smallest Spellbinders 'Poinsettia' dies set. I used Distress Inks, 'Fired Brick' and 'Spiced Marigold' to colour it, then when dry I created 'veins' with my Pergamano 'ball tool', and layered them with a flower gem in the centre (created similarly to my large rose here). The holly and conifer leaves are Cheery Lynn, and the gold, glittery sprigs are cut from an old Christmas decoration.
The card inside is decorated to match the front. Once again, I have used my favourite 'Snowflake' embossing folder to emboss the red panels on the front and inside. The card is fairly large, so although the emb. folder is 5" x 7", I had to emboss 2 pieces of red card - the strips of holly DP cover the joins. The corners are punched with Martha Stewart's 'Aspen Snowflake' PATP (corner punch). For the message panel, I have used the second largest die in Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals'. The pretty delicately embossed gold backing paper is actually from a roll of Christmas wrap, and the holly DP is Graphic 45 ' 'Tis the Season'.

Challenges I would like to enter are -
Sparkles Christmas #23 - 'A Button or Bow' (2nd entry)
Papercraft Junkies #5 - 'Embellish It' (2nd entry) '2nd Prize'
Paper Crafting Journey - 'Christmas Projects'
Sweet Stampin' - 'Dies and Punches'
Cheery Lynn #58 - ' 'Tis the Season' 


Our show last night was a great success, and it felt soooooooo good to be performing again. The 90 guests were lovely and our music was warmly received. Many of them sang along with us, which of course we love, as it shows that an audience is enjoying our choices.

I hope I will be able to show you another card tomorrow night, but if not, the reason will be that I have to have an X-ray and ultrasound of my left shoulder at 11am, when a doctor will inject cortisone into the joint. I have had a 'Frozen Shoulder' for about 12 months, and although the procedure sounds uncomfortable, I hope it will give me some relief from the pain, and allow me a little more movement of my arm and shoulder.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Jennifer. x

10 comments:

  1. This is sooooo beautiful Jennifer. Great attention to detail, love that pointsettia too. See you soon. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant, Jennifer. Love that stamped image. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous traditional card Jennifer. I love the flowers and your vellum poinsettia looks beautiful.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious, such a gorgeous card... very elegant too. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous card. The flowers and image are so beautiful. Thanks for joinin gin with the Paper Crafting Journey challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cards!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer - this is a gorgeous card and I particularly love your lush flower arrangement - beautiful!! Glad to hear your concert went well - it must be very gratifying when you get a good reception from your audience. Wish I could attand and hear you and John sing and play! I've just read your post above and am so sorry to ehar about your shoulder trouble and need for surgery - do let me know what will be involved and when you think you will be getting it done. Sending hugs and warm wishes
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant creation!

    Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
    Good luck in the draw

    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Your floral cluster is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Design Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.