Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Santa Mouse

This time next week it will be Christmas Day. I hope you are all better prepared
than I am. Due to a family crisis, I did not finish making all my cards, so unfortunately 
quite a few friends were sent shop-bought cards with an IOU for my annual letter.

Penny's Paper Crafty has another challenge for you, and our theme this week gives
you lots of scope to unlease your creativity...it is

'YOUR FAVOURITE TECHNIQUE OR COLOUR; OR BOTH'

We have two generous, and very regular sponsors this week. A big thank you to


and


I was asked to choose a StampArt Design digi stamp by Kathryne, and 
although Kathryne has so many lovely images to choose from, I did not
hesitate to ask for the incredibly adorable Santa Mouse. He is a new 
image in Kathryne's catalogue.
 My favourite technique is colouring with my Promarkers, and at Christmastime
my favourite colours are the very traditional red and green, sometimes with a
touch of gold, although not at this time. Because Santa Mouse is sooooooo
cute, I decided to create a CAS card, so as to not distract from him.

A close up look at little Santa Mouse, coloured of course, with Promarkers.
I could gaze at that face all day, and don't you just love that over-sized santa suit!

Inside my card.
In the past few months, I bought quite a few Christmas themed dies, lovely papers
and lots of gorgeous stamps, but circumstances meant that I did not get a chance to 
use them...won't I have fun in 2014 trying them all out. They may be the incentive I
need to get an earlier start on Christmas next year. I did however get to use the 
Memory Box Merry Christmas die for this card. The negatives for 'Christmas'
can be used on another card. I affixed a gem in the die-cut 'i'.

Challenge  
Without Words - 'Nearest and Dearest' (Top 3)

Image - StampArt Design by Kathryne digi Santa Mouse
Colouring - Promarkers
Sentiment - Computer generated Balsam font
Die - Memory Box Merry Christmas
Punch - Martha Stewart (negatives from Snowflakes PATP punch)
Gem from my junk stash

For a chance to win great prizes, why not visit Penny's Paper Crafty and enter our challenge.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

8 comments:

  1. I love this card, Jennifer. That little mouse is soo cute and your CAS layout makes him stand out so cheekily.
    Hugs,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous Cas style card Jennifer - this lovely image doesn't need any more than that! - this Christmas thing really does stretch us card makers to the limit! hope you have a lovely peaceful Christmas and New Year - before the big rush to start next years cards lol hugs Judith x
    ps we have a DT call at fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ if you are interested - we are starting to do one of our challenge each month as a Christmas theme -in a bid to get the DT Christmas crafting all year round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Jennifer. Love what you've created with Santa Mouse. It's perfect and gorgeous. Beautiful work. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun, this is a stunning CAS card! Love your mouse, and fabulous colouring - this would be perfect for our December challenge at Without Words, come and join us! Big huggles xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous cas card Jennifer - love it.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. I love the cute image and wonderful colouring.
    Thank you for taking part in the Without Words Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.