Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 13 December 2014

Another One!


Yes, friends, as I have confessed in the title of this post, I have another
card which features a poinsettia. I made this one for a friend, Maree,
who is a volunteer in the shop at the Fort.

Unfortunately the embossing on the layered panel does not show up well in
the photo...it has curved "Merry Christmas" all over it, and I positioned the
folder so as to show a "Merry Christmas" in the bottom right-hand corner
instead of a stamped greeting.

 
A closer look at the poinsettia. To say that I LOVE this die and the matching
embossing folder is a major understatement. The die alone is lovely, but the
embossing adds so much more texture. Before embossing the die-cut, I
sponged all the edges with Distress Ink. Once again, I made the bead
sprays with some of the glass beads I bought in Paris several years ago.

Inside the card. I also LOVE my Aspen Snowflakes corner and border punches, 
and they have certainly 'earned their keep' this Christmas.

Dies - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Tattered Poinsettia; Impression Obssesson Pine Branches; Memory Box Holly Branch
Embossing - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Texture Fades Textured Poinsettia Pattern Set; Crafter's Companion Christmas Merriment
Punches - Martha Stewart PATP Aspen Snowflakes
Sponging - Distress Inks Aged Mahogany
Sparklet - Kaisercraft
Gold cord and red glass beads are from my junk stash

Challenges
Brown Sugar #124 - 'Red, White and Green'
Challenge Up Your Life #4 - 'Christmas Without Christmas Stamps'
That Craft Place - 'Christmas'
Wags 'n' Whiskers #144 - 'Merry Christmas'

As I am on duty at the Fort all day tomorrow, I have to be up very early in the morning, so I will bid you all goodnight.

Until next time, thank you for visiting,
Hugs, 
Jennifer. x




5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Jennifer and such a pretty poinsettia.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I adore all the texture, great!

    Thanks for joining us over at Challenge up your life.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our Red, White and Green challenge. Wonderful use of the colours, a beautiful card.Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. marvelous card - love the idea and the embossing on the petals :)

    thanks so much for joining us over at CUYL <3

    feel free to enter the giveaway on my blog <3

    xo, Martina
    http://mcm-ina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.