Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Friday, 3 April 2015

Let It Snow

It's time for a new challenge at Winter Wonderland, and this week it's
'LET IT SNOW'

The prize is a ₤10 parcel of goodies, provided by our generous sponsor 



This card could not be more unlike my last card posted...in that it is
only slightly more than a CAS card. 
I had intended to just put a few dots of snow around Snowy's head, but I added 
some extra that made the design look unbalanced, so 'went the whole hog'. 

This ever so cute image is Snowy, by Penny Black. Many people believe him
to no longer be available, but I managed to find him (new) recently on eBay.
This is the first time I have used him, but I think he is going to
become one of my favourite Christmas stamps.

As it always appears white, I usually use Star Dust Stickles to provide sparkle 
on images, but I didn't think I had enough left for this card, so I used Kindyglitz
Crystallina, as I have a large bottle of that. Unfortunately, Crystallina tends to
take on different colours in different lights, and also on different cardstock.

Inside my card is extremely basic, and I did use up my remaining Star Dust
Stickles on the edges of the die-cut. Here you can clearly see the difference
between the Stickles and Kindyglitz.

Challenges I would like to enter
ABC Christmas - G is for Glitter TOP 3
Cardz 4 Guyz #64 - Something Beginning With 'S' (snowman, scarf, smile, sentiment)
Christmas At Sweet Stampin' - 'Blue Christmas'
Moving Along With The Times - 'Birthstone' (December)
Passion For Promarkers #290  - 'Blue Skies' TOP 3
Penny's Paper Crafty #221 - 'Anything Goes'

Image - Penny Black Snowy
Colouring - Promarkers
Dies - Spellbinders Labels One; Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Holiday Words Script
Viva Pearlea Pen
Kindyglitz Crystallina, Stickles Star Dust

For a chance to win that lovely prize, pop over to Winter Wonderland, be inspired by my teamies' gorgeous creations, then enter your own gorgeous creation in our 'Let It Snow' challenge.
Remember, your creation must be a Christmas one.

Thank you for visiting, and I would like to wish everyone a very happy and SAFE Easter.
Hugs
Jennifer. x

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jennifer! I love that snowman, he is such a fun winter stamp and your layers of glitter are so festive! Creative way to create snow, I just love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Jennifer and I think the pearly dots look like a veritable snow storm!! Perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the cute image and all the beautiful sparkle!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Jennifer, such an adorable snowman and lots of lovely glitter.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adorable card, loving Snowy, I can understand him becoming a favourite. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz for our letter S challenge. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute snowman! Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Pat K (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so cute, I love Snowy and it is ceratinly snowing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute, love that snowman!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of S-es on that card, and Snowy himself has to be the cutest snowman I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Snowy and he looks fab in his full-on snowstorm of pearl dots! A fab frosty sparkly design - just how I like my Christmas cards :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your snow scene. I have Snowy but not used him for years - maybe this year

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card and wonderful frosty colouring.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card, Jennifer! Great image and colouring and I love the snow! Thanks for joining in my colour challenge at Passion for Promarkers, good luck! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  14. so stunning jennifer.i love your fab jolly snowman and your sparkle is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so sweet, what a great card, I adore all the glitter you have used its so pretty. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos)

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my favourite snowmen! Super card.

    Thanks for sharing at CASS and MAWTT.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely love the frosty feel of this card. Great choice in colours and love the sparkle and sentiment. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.