Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday, 8 April 2017

My Favourite Poinsettia

Did I give you a fright when you saw my sticker, wishing you "Merry Christmas"?
No, it's not that time yet, but the way this year is flashing by, that fellow in 
the red suit will be paying us a visit before some of us are ready.

You are probably thinking "haven't I seen this card before"...well you have seen ones
very similar. However, I have 'tweaked' the design ever so slightly.

When we moved into the Retirement Village last year, we of course met lots of new
people, some of whom have become friends, so in order to save some time, I 
thought I would partly CASE some of my previous Christmas cards, as I
now have many more cards to make than previously, and no-one 
here in the Village has seen my cards before..

A closer look at my poinsettia...have I told you before that I LOVE this die and
matching embossing folder. In their original state, the die-cuts of each layer  
have a slightly elongated shape, so after I emboss each layer, I cut each 
 petal off, then hot-glue them individually to a small circle of scrap 
card. My poinsettia then has a more evenly round shape.

Inside my card...Have I also told you I LOVE this border punch set?

Challenges I would like to enter
ABC Christmas - 'H is for Home, I is for Informal' (I chose Informal)
Merry Monday #242 - 'Twigs or Branches'  HONOURABLE MENTION
My Time To Craft #343 - 'No Designer Papers'
That's Crafty - 'Foliage and Flowers'
The Holly and the Ivy #3 - 'Anything Christmas Goes'  WINNER

Dies - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Tattered Poinsettia; Memory Box Woodland Branch; Spellbinder Classic Square
Embossing - Tim Holtz (Sizzix) Texture Fades Textured Poinsettia Pattern Set; Fiskars Texture Plate Snowflakes
Ink - Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs
Punch - Martha Stewart PATP Aspen Snowflakes
Peel-off sticker, gold cord, gold beads are all from my junk stash

As Daylight Saving finished last weekend, the shadows of course are lengthening quite early so I had better get all the washing off the line. 

Until next time, thank you for visiting, and may I wish you "happy crafting".

Hugs,
Jennifer. x












12 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and fabulous poinsettia. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, your card is stunning! The details in the poinsettia is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Jennifer! The shading on the poinsettias adds such a rich look to your very elegant card! So glad you joined the challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
    Christine
    Guest DT
    http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! THe poinsettia is gorgeous! Majorelle http://aujardindemissmajorelle.over-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Christmas card, I love your Poinsettia it's gorgeous, thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous poinsettia - just love all the layers! Congrats on the Honorable Mention at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, love the deep rich warm color and the die you used made the Poinsettia come alive, love it.

    Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks, wonderful.
    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your card is gorgeous, Jennifer. I love that poinsettia flower. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at The Holly & Ivy Challenge.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CCAYR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect and beautiful! Hugs Jackie, Holly & Ivy DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Jennifer, I love poinsettias and this one looks so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, they mean such a lot to me.